on vacay temporarily...

"Innovation is an evolutionary process, so it's not necessary to be radical all the time."
Marc Jacobs

Friday, April 9, 2010

So-Cal Lifestyle...

 Ok all you New Yorkers... I know I will be kicked out of the city for this comment but I secretly envy so-cal surfer fashion!  I mean honestly, who doesn't want to be dressed in casual beach wear every day?!
When you are in LA or Southern Cali you wake up every single day knowing it will be gorgeous and sunny outside!  Who wouldn't want to live there (putting earthquakes, mud slides and brush fires aside of course).

Well anyway... I have to admit 90210 (2.0) creates this green monster inside of me not only because of the weather but because their costume designer, Frank Helmer takes the surfer/so-cal lifestyle and makes it even cooler then it is!  Every time I watch the show I want every look.  Some of my favs come from the characters Silver and Ivy.

Silver has more of an east coast edge to her which I myself can associate with.  I love the layering Frank plays with and the color palette he associates Silver with.  Even though this character stays true to the California style, she has a quirky side to her that is played up through her costume choices.




Ivy shows the true California surfer chick that her character is.  She is always wearing denim bottoms whether its a great pair of skinnies are just a hot pair of denim cut offs.  Frank pairs these denim staples with loose bohemian tops and her hair has a natural surf wave from the ocean water.  She is effortlessly cool in every way while still looking chic.

This summer I think I will be channeling my inner west coast style, even if I will be voted off the Manhattan island because of it.  What 90210 character would you be?


1 comment:

  1. i happen to abs agree with you !!!! if only new york had cali weather..but imagine how many more people would migrate here ..gross !!!!

    ReplyDelete