on vacay temporarily...

"Innovation is an evolutionary process, so it's not necessary to be radical all the time."
Marc Jacobs

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Blair Waldorf Trend.....HEADBANDS!!!!


Since I was a mere 6 months old I have sported my favorite hair accessory, the headband.  Even when the headband wasn't "cool" i still wore them!  You name the style, I had it!  I was a d.i.y.-er since a young age because of my crafty mom so I had a continuous flow of creative hair decoration.  Unfortunately I no longer own these self-made wonders but I do clearly remember my awesome balloon barrette; made of deflated multi-colored balloons clustered together and glued on the back of a simple metal clasp.  But anyway back to headbands; these simple yet decorative bands can transform any look by just popping it on your head.

Thanks to the overly dramatic tv series, Gossip Girl; the headband has made a come back in a BIG way!  The character Blair Waldorf is known for her headbands and adorns one in almost every episode before she leaves for college.  


 What is great about the decorative headbands that Blair wears is that they are easy to create yourself with a simple trip to any local craft store!  I have done this with feathers, rhinestones and even bows as Blair often sports.
This is an example of my diy headband

If you aren't the crafty creative person then there are many talented designers out there that can provide you with beautiful handcrafted hair decoration. Jennifer Behr is the designer behind most of the fabulous head bands found on Gossip Girl.  I also highly recommend a fellow classmate of mine, Kel Cadet who launched an amazing accessory line called R-Ki-Tekt
If you are looking for something that won't break the bank I definitely recommend checking out Forever 21, because they have great head bands for really affordable prices and I shop there on numerous occasions.  So embrace headbands and where them everywhere!!!!!
Eloise Headband made by R-Ki-Tekt

Flower Headband from Forever 21

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug lovely lady! Had no idea you had a blog! Following!

    ReplyDelete