on vacay temporarily...

"Innovation is an evolutionary process, so it's not necessary to be radical all the time."
Marc Jacobs

Monday, April 5, 2010

GLEE-tastic Spring!

Welcome to Spring!! This is one of my favorite times of the year!!!  The sun is shining, birds are chirping, flowers are blooming and I'm breaking out my sandals again.  I am also anticipating the new episodes of gLee with intense excitement.  With gLee on my mind and spring beginning it made me realize what a perfectly spring inspired wardrobe Emma Pillsbury (played by Jayma Mays) from gLee adorns on each and every episode!  With her delicate cashmere cardis and feminine floral details added in just the right spots she screams SPRING!


The character Emma is a nod to the preppy traditional J.Crew look.  But the purpose of this post is to inform you that what most people don't know is how J.Crew is not just preppy anymore... its really FASHIONABLE!!  I have been saying this for a couple years now, J.Crew is cool and I may not wear everything in the store but their window displays and their catalogue sure makes me think I would.  For some great Spring inspiration I think everyone should take a look at the J.Crew look book posted online.

For Spring 2010, J.Crew of course hits on the classic spring staple that is florals, but they do it in a very cool J.Crew way.

J.Crew's visual marketing team knows how to appeal to the masses with the strong trends but also keeping the classic J.Crew customer in mind.  I think their marketing team is a stroke of genius and would be more then willing to join in the fun; let me know where to send my resume!

But back to Spring + J.Crew = LOVE!!  I know what everyone is thinking... but they are so preppy, totally not my style, blah blah blahddy blah.  But honestly, people need to realize that you can shop anywhere. It doesn't matter if a store isn't your lifestyle you can still find great styles in distinguished lifestyle stores.

These two looks are obviously a more preppy side to J.Crew, but try looking at each piece separately.  For myself the only pieces I would actually personally own are the gingham shorts and all of the featured jewelery, but this doesn't stop me from loving the entire look of both photos. 

These two looks are an edgier side of J.Crew that I would wear both of the looks from head to toe!  And what makes these "cooler" looks interesting is that when you look  piece by piece they are still true to the classic J.Crew customer but they were able to sell the entire look to someone like me who never shops there.

J.Crew business attire is represented so amazing in this Spring catalogue!  The brightly colored pencil skirt with a mustard rusty colored tank, and the socks with heels, you know I'm a fan!! To top off that look with nerdy glasses makes me fall in love.  And even the more conservative look with the basic black pencil looks great with the button down and sweater vest.  They make this classic look cool by adding fun kitten heels and costume jewelery.


Not only am I inspired by J.Crew for myself but also for my adorable little nieces and nephews!  If I could afford it, I would only buy them clothes from here. But since kids grow too fast I think parents should take J.Crew for kids as inspiration and find the actual threads elsewhere.

The little girls clothes are a little bit more fashion forward and fun for Crewcuts and give a slight nod to Teen Vogue style.

The precious little boy clothes are classically handsome and remind everyone of JFK Jr. running around the grounds of the White House!

Overall I think Crewcuts is executed great, it keeps them as children but with a fashion edge to them.  They have nailed this category in my eyes.

So now, I hope when shopping you all keep an open mind and realize that the store is not what really matters when shopping for your great Spring finds, its the creativity within you that matters. :)

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment