on vacay temporarily...

"Innovation is an evolutionary process, so it's not necessary to be radical all the time."
Marc Jacobs

Thursday, May 20, 2010

City girl wants to be a Southern Belle...


In my recent maid of honor duties, I stumbled across this perfect wedding website that provides you with ideas, d.i.y. projects and used wedding gowns for purchase!!
Now, my cousin's style doesn't go along with this site really but it hits my style right on the head!!

I have always known that when its my turn my wedding will be eclectic with wonderful vintage finds of little bobbles and trinkets through out.  I use to think that it just was my feminine love of lace and things that don't match.  The more I dig into this website I realize.... I want a classic southern farm wedding!  I would have never thought myself to be a southern farm girl since I am a city girl through and through!  I think my 4 year stay in Savannah,GA rubbed off on me a little more than I thought!

  I, as most girls have thought about their wedding day long before meeting their prince.  Now that I have meet him, I think about it more often then I should!  Him and I have a running joke that I will have our wedding planned before I even get a diamond on my finger!  With the engagement of my cousin/sister(sister as in we are like sisters, not in the sister/cousin incest way) and her honoring me with the title of maid of honor, it has gotten me obsessed with weddings and everything that goes along with it.

Dana(cousin) and I have very different wedding tastes but we appreciate each others tastes and at least understand the beauty in each wedding styles.  Which mine I discovered is southern belle vintage (yes, i just made up a new wedding style).

When my boyfriend and I first started talking about our future and confirmed with each other there is no one else in the world each of us want to be with, the ideas started flowing!  I wanted a 1920's Hollywood glamor look applied to an outdoor wedding under a big white tent with chandeliers hanging over us.  This was the plan until I went to stay with my mom in Charlottesville,VA.  I had been to visit my parents many times so the atmosphere was nothing new to me.  It was the afternoon my mother decided that we should go winery hoping that my love of country weddings took hold of me!  She took me to Veritas Vineyard & Winery, in Afton, about 20 minutes from her house (now she lives directly behind the winery and her backyard hits their land!). And that was that; I saw their ball room and said I cannot get married anywhere else but here.  In my eyes it was the perfect setting not only inside but outside as well.  I've taken the future hubbie to Veritas every time we visit my parents in Virginia, and he agrees that it is the place.  Because of Veritas, it kicked my 1920's theme straight out the window and opened my eyes to country chic!
 Mason jars, re-used barn wood, a photo booth, lace table cloths, vintage postcards, a birdcage veil and a dyer need to have a Monique Lhuillier gown is now my dream and there is no talking me out of it!



I hope that some of you reading this are closer to actually walking down the aisle then I am because you can get some really great ideas from oncewed.comTake a peak, the ideas are endless!  Until my day, I will live vicariously through all the brides that share my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment